Monday 21 March 2011

Me In My Old Age


I often wonder in my old age, if I would be hunted by my memories
Memories of loved ones gone and love lost
Memories of life un-lived and life I missed
Will I question choices I made and choices unmade?
Question things left undone and things I have done
If I look back on my life, will I feel I lived every moment completely?
In my old age, will I smile with wrinkles all over my face?
Each line representing a decision unmade, a love I’d lost, a path not taken.
I see a picture of me in my old age, an old woman with a life wholly lived.
Will what i see, be a true reflection of the life i will live.
Of me in my old age.

1 comment:

  1. You ld be fine babe.

    I do think our old age should be a celebration of choices we made along with jokes about the opportunities we took advantage of and lost.

    We should reminisce about the joys of our youth, beat our chests and repeat after Frank Sinatra.......I did it my way :-)

    ReplyDelete