Monday 18 October 2010

The One for Me

I had consciousness of life knowing you
My being has memories of you
I have morsels of your image in my mind
Your smile, your laugh
Your touch, your voice
The way you look at me
The jokes you tell to me
The feel of your shoulder when I lean on you
Your arms around me when I’m scared
I’ve known you my whole life
Though I’m yet to meet you
Try as I might I cannot see you face
Hard as I strain I do not recollect your name
I hope my being recognises you when we meet
I pray my soul connects to you when we see
I know with certainty to me; you are MY ONE

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem. It speaks to the yearning of almost every soul alive to find that perfection in another. I wonder how many times it actually works out like this and how many people just settle for the sake of practicality, proceation or social pressure.

    For what it's worth, I hope you found this person.

    ReplyDelete